Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Some Short Updates

The pass few days were very hectic for me. Last week I gave a talk entitled "Chemical and Process Engineering - Sharing Knowledge and Experience" to the first year Chemical Engineering students at University Technology Malaysia (UTM). It was my first experience delivering such talk to more than 100 students. I guess it went well and I hope the students gain some valuable information from my talk.

Today, I just returned from a day trip to Kuala Lumpur. I'm still exhausted but I push myself to publish a post here. I met the design project group from University Technology MARA (UiTM) that I supervised as allied supervisor. They need some help on certain areas of the design project and I explained and assisted them. I think it's very good that UiTM introduce and include allied supervisor from industry to assist supervising the design project that the students are doing. Their report will be more realistic, accurate and they'll have better comprehension on the project.

At work, I was busy as ever. We stopped one of the plant and did a swift maintenance job to improve the plants process. I'm glad that the planning was good and jobs were well coordinated and executed. Supervisors, maintenance fitters and plant operators have done a brilliant job and the plant managed to be started smoothly after that.

In order to create a better and conducive working environment, the management initiated Super 5S which is part of the Japanese Kaizen system. 5S was already introduced earlier but it slowly faded as nobody was really monitoring it. Now, a steering committee was formed to lead, enforce and apply 5S. I was elected as one of the steering committee and that means additional job and responsibility for me. Part of my task is to be a 5S trainer and make sure everybody is well trained. Hmm....I got to start first my keeping my desk tidy!!....

Besides that, I also received few emails from various readers (of this blog) asking questions related to chemical engineering industry, career, plant process, data, information etc. I have answered some of them and I also have not answered some of it. Don't worry, I'll answer the emails as soon as humanly possible. Thanks for your emails...

Labels: ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 8:35 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip