Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Some Updates + Picture of the Day

I apologize for not updating according to the frequency I'm supposed to. I was really busy at work, packed with family events and gathering, and attached with some religious commitment in this fasting month (for Muslim).

I also owe you guys the updates on the "Disappointing New Plate Heat Exchanger" story that I posted 2 weeks ago. I'm working on the post and I shall get you guys updated by this week.

At work, the job seems never ends. Today, an internal audit took place for my plant. In brief, I can say the audit went fine and no non-conformance (NC) was charged. We only have one observation which was not really a big deal. However, from the audit, I learned a lot of new things. For me, all audit process is unique and will always give me new experiences.

As far as the plant is concerned, last week everything was silky smooth. We met daily production target capacity and produced on-spec quality. However, by the end of the week, something went wrong which made the flow rate slower. We have predicted this and we are working on some solution for it. Can you guess what made the flow rate slower? Well, have fun guessing...

The photo below is not really related to the story above or to my current job scope. I found this photo while browsing the net and I thought it's worth sharing with you guys. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure which platform and where the location is. It must be a really terrifying and scary moment if we are on that platform. Anybody have a clue where, when and which platform is this?

Labels: , , ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 11:25 PM,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zack,

I think that is BP's platform "Thunder Horse", in Mexico Gulf, after Katrina

According to www.cargolaw.com

 
At Tuesday, October 02, 2007, Blogger Kipas Repair JB said...

O Ok, Thanks for the info Pidun. Really appreciate it very much...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip