Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Photo of the Day - Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger

This is a photo of a very big shell and tube heat exchangers. "Outokumpu Stainless Tubular Products" (OSTP) unit in Fagersta produces heat exchanger tubes for heat exchanger evaporators, condensers and other equipment. I don't bother counting how many tubes they are in the shell and tube heat exchanger, but I'm guessing there are almost 1000 tubes. Do you want to count? Photo adopted from Chemicals-Technology.com.

Labels: ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 10:07 PM,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 07, 2007, Blogger ManaL said...

How big would the fouling factor be then x those tube numbers? There must be ways to minimise the fouling resistance for a large feed to reduce the energy consumption. Whaddaya think, zaki?

 
At Saturday, August 11, 2007, Blogger Kipas Repair JB said...

Manal, I haven't check those fouling factor stuff yet.

There're certainly ways to reduce/minimize the fouling. CIP and jet lensing cleaning are among the methods. During the previous shutdown, we only manage to clear 35% of the tubes, but strangely we got the flow.

Any comment on that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip