Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Compact Plate Heat Exchangers for Refinery Heat Recovery

I stumbled upon an interesting article about compact plate heat exchanger which was published in engineeringnews.co.za. The article was about Compact Plate Heat Exchangers used for Refinery Heat Recovery:

The use of compact-plate heat exchangers (CPHEs) enables refiners to tackle the increasing emphasis on reducing energy consumption while maintaining a positive environmental profile, indicates a report by industrial process technologies supplier Alfa Laval.

CPHEs properties make them more efficient than, and provide a compact solution to, traditional shell-and-tube (S and T) heat exchangers.

CPHEs, which are much smaller in size than traditional heat exchangers and can be fitted in the footprint of existing installations, can increase capacity and recover more heat by using fewer heat exchangers.

Savings in fuel consumption and reductions in emissions, owing to greater energy recovery, give attractive investment payback periods.

Continue reading the entire article here.
You can subscribe to Engineering News here.

Labels: ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 7:31 PM,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 27, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog very informative. I am a research analyst and I am working on a new company. I am trying to figure out approximate energy savings offered by the PHE technology. I know it depends on many variables, I am just trying to calculate very approximate dollar savings derived from using PHEs in distric heating systems assuming coal is the fuel used and using market price of coal. I am not an engineer, and I have a couple of simple questions, perhaps you can advise me where I could find this information of, if I can ask you directly, e-mail me at: katya@nyggroup.com Thank you in advance for any help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip