Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



My Ph.D Updates

This is just to share with you my Ph.D updates. It has been already137 days since I registered as a Ph.D student.

1. Quartz reactor
I'm going to used quartz tube as a reactor for my experimental research. The funny thing is I'm having difficulties in getting them. I don't understand all these manufacturers/suppliers. I have contacted 4 quartz tube manufacturer around the world. They responded, but after I gave them my design, none of them return back to me. Are they genuinely quartz manufacturer? If you know any reliable quartz tube manufacturer, please help me. Thanks. That's it, I only need new quartz tube with my own design to begin my experiments.

2. Preparing my First Stage Proposal
I'm in the midst of preparing my Ph.D proposal . I wish I can complete them as soon as possible and present them in my second semester.

3. Learning Matlab
I've just started working on the thermodynamic studies of my reaction. It is not a simple task learning and doing all this. I need to study the reaction kinetics of the reactions. Calculate the heat enthalphy and Gibbs Free energy. Then use Matlab software to simulate the reactions. My supervisor insist me to use Matlab. Now, I need help in Matlab.

4. Paper presentation
I'll be presenting 2 papers this coming December, both in a national level conference. One is ESTEC'09 which is hosted by Universiti Malaysia Trengganu (UMT) and the other one will is RCSSST'09 hosted by Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP).

5. Journals ???
I'm also preparing my first paper to be submitted to a journal I haven't decide yet. Need to get them ready fast.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 5:24 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip