Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Boiler Problem

Recently the utility boiler in my factory experienced some foaming problem. We knew foaming takes place when we see foam appeared in the water sample bottle. The water is taken from the autoblowdown line sampling point which takes out the surface boiling water inside the boiler. Although all the water parameters such as total dissolved solid (TDS), pH, alkalinity, phosphate, chloride content seems to be within control ranged the water chemical still create foam.

This is a great deal and matter because this can affect the steam demand and quality that will be consumed by all the plants in the factory. It can affect the production and cost a huge lost.

Although we have change the boiler water, the foam is still there, but at least the foam will dissipate and disappear faster than before, showing sign of improvement. However, my concern and hope is to see zero foam appears from the sample water. Well, we are still trying our best with the help of our boiler chemical supplier to eliminate the problem. I hope the problem will be solved soon.

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 1:06 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip