Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Sudden Pigging Job

Today I called a friend of mine whom i worked with in my previous company, "Complete Oilfield Stimulation Services" (COSS), an oil and gas servicing company. We have a chat and catched up a little bit with some news and info about the the jobs, projects and company.

He asked for my help. I said, what it is? He asked whether I'm free next week? Between Wednesday till the weekend. I asked him what actually he wants me to do? Then he explained...He wanted me to join him and his team to go to Songkla, Thailand to do the pig retrieval job there. I was supprised when he asked that sort of favour from me.

The 36" filming pig was launched from Cakerawala Platform at the border of Malaysia and Thailand about 1 week ago. It was COSS first trial project there and their first attempt to go international. I was working with COSS previously for about 2 and a half years and i handled a lot of pigging jobs there, but i have not handle any international pigging job yet. This might be an interesting and exciting job to participate.

The problem that my colleague have is he does not have any manpower who have the international passport and expertise to perform and manage the job. That's why, when i called him, he immedietly ask the favour from me. Though I'm dying inside to go and venture a new experience in a new place, I can't go. I have a lot of works, projects and a plant to take care and handle in my existing company that i work now. It's a actually a blow for me. And i know, my boss would never let me take any anual leave that long.

I just wish that I can have a more flexible job that I can freely perform any other technical jobs/projects if invited without affecting my present job. Would that be wonderful?!! I can further develop my overall skills and career.

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 10:34 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip