Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



My wife just submitted her Ph.D thesis

After years of research, abundance of perseverance, unlimited patience, finally, my wife has successfully submit her Ph.D thesis yesterday. In case you wonder, she's studying the fundamental of Progressive Freeze Concentration. This area of study falls under Separation Engineering, Chemical Engineering.


The joy of completing and submitting her thesis doesn't mean that the battle is over. (it's actually 90% over). She has to defend her thesis in an oral presentation (viva) soon to take place. But at least, a huge chunk of the task is over. Supported with some publication in international and national journals, conferences, book chapters, I hope and most importantly believe she'll make it. On top of that, she has also managed to patent her research/design and that's a big thing. Not only that, the fact that foreign companies and institution searched and consulted her ecause of her research expertise make me believe that she'll get her doctorate soon. Let's all hope and pray that she'll make it smoothly without much pain.


As for me, it is now my second semester and I strongly believe doing Ph.D is like a war in a battle field or Star Wars!!! The most important element is to be able to plan the research activities wisely. Like a general in a battle, we need to plan the best strategy to fight and later terminate our enemies. We need to be able to utilize all resources available intelligently. We need to know when to attack and when to sit back and defend ourselves.

Well, I can't say much now about it as I'm still doing it. I may ask my wife to share some of her sweet and sour experiences. It may be helpful for those who are still working on his/her postgraduate studies and those who plan to do so.

What do you think of that?

Photo credited to http://www.copylobby.com/Binding/Thesis%20Binding.htm

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 2:16 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip