Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Association Memberships

I'm a member of few associations. To name them:

-IChemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers, UK) - Associate Member
-MOSTA (Malaysian Oil Scientist and Technologist Associations) - Member
-UKAN (United Kingdom Alumni Network) - Member
-Bradford University Alumni - Member
-Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Alumni - Member
-BOE (Board of Engineer, Malaysia) - I'm working my way to be a professional engineer

To tell you the truth, I'm not an active member of those associations mainly because I'm too fully occupied with my chemical/process engineering job. It's not easy for me to take leave and attend annual grand meeting or conferences etc. I'm not as flexible as my wife, who is a chemical engineering lecturer/researcher/consultant. However, I keep track on the activities and progress of those associations. It's good to attached ourself with professional associations because we are constantly updated with current news and events. This is very useful to establish our career and networking.

IChemE, MOSTA and BOE membership require some annual fee. For IChemE, luckily last year, they manage to form a local branch in Malaysia and the fees are charged in Ringgit Malaysia currency instead of Pound Sterling (which is more expansive for us....). I have not renewed my membership for IChemE and MOSTA this year. I need to do so as soon as possible.

Enjoyed this post? Subscribe to CHEMICAL ENGINEERING WORLD by email.
Or you can also
Subscribe to CHEMICAL ENGINEERING WORLD by RSS.

Labels: , ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 12:49 AM,

3 Comments:

At Saturday, July 07, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Zaki,
I too wanted to become member for a chemical engineer istitute.Can u tell me procedure and fee structure for some good institutes.
Regards

 
At Sunday, July 08, 2007, Blogger Kipas Repair JB said...

Dear Macha,

Where are you from? Surely, i can tell you, perhaps in my next coming post.

 
At Sunday, November 25, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Zaki,
Follow up of my last email, I am from India A chemical Enngineer working with Oil and Gas industry since last 14 Yrs.
Tell me how can i be member of iCHemE and h ow m uch is the fee?
Regards

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip