Chemical Engineer Salary Is The Highest
Sunday, July 15, 2007
I did not came out with my own data on the following informations. The data is from NACE Salary Survey [National Association of Colleges and Employers]. Yes, it is true, chemical engineers have the highest pay per annum compared to other disciplines. This information is consistent with my earlier post last May - Big Cash Awaits Chemical Engineers, which states that annual salary for chemical engineers increased 5.6 % to $59,707 - info from CNNMoney.com. So, if you are a chemical engineering student or a chemical engineer, that's a really good news....ain't it? If your starting salary is small, perhaps your yearly increment and bonus will be a paid handsomely....
- Chemical engineering: up 5.4% to $59,361
- Computer engineering: up 4.8% to $56,201
- Mechanical engineering: up 4.6% to $54,128
- Electrical engineering: up 3.2% to $55,292
- Civil engineering: up 5.4% to $48,509
- Computer science: up 4.1% to $53,396
- Information science: up 4.6% to $50,852
- Economics: $48,483 (new to the list)
- Finance: $47,239 (new to the list)
- Information systems: up 4.2% to $47,648
- Marketing: up 6.1% to $40,161
- Accounting: up 2.3% to $46,718
- Business administration: up 3.9% to $43,701
- Political science: up 5.9% to $34,590
- English: up 5.3% to $32,553
- Psychology: up 4.7% to $31,631
- Sociology: up 3.5% to $32,033
- History: up 3.3% to $33,768
Enjoyed this post? Subscribe to CHEMICAL ENGINEERING WORLD by email.
Or you can also Subscribe to CHEMICAL ENGINEERING WORLD by RSS.
posted by zaki yamani @ 1:52 AM,
Links to this post:
I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!