Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Ph.D in Chemical Engineering

It's confirmed that I'm going to be a pH.D student in Chemical Engineering this coming July. I've gotten my pH.D offer letter from Graduate School of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). I've submitted it to my faculty in order for them to process my study leave. I'm not going to reveal my pH.D topic here. However, it will be something almost related to green energy and/or sustainable development. It will be in the field of catalysis and reaction engineering. I'll be developing a process and a reactor. I'll also be studying something that is entirely new. Nobody has done this work before. Hopefully, I can later claim novelty in my research.

It is most likely that my co-supervisor will be a professor from Finland. I'm going to do a short period attachment during my pH.D studies in Finland. It can be up to 9 months there. Hopefully with such attachment, UTM can establish some extend of international collaboration with reputable universities.

In the other hand, my wife will be finishing her pH.D this June. She's also doing her pH.D in chemical engineering in the area of separation engineering, specifically in progressive freeze concentration. She has already published numerous papers, a national book chapter and an international book chapter. I hope she can submit her thesis as soon as possible.

What about you? Are you going to continue your post graduate studies?
.............................................................................................................................................
Recommended site: Various practical ways of dieting :)

Labels: ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 8:18 PM,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 28, 2009, Anonymous mierin said...

I am a final year student myself, but I don't see myself pursuing post graduate studies, at least not for the time being.

My CGPA is probably too low to even consider for it anyway T-T

 
At Friday, May 01, 2009, Anonymous Process Engineering said...

Congratulations on your acceptance, you must be very excited. I remember when I received my acceptance and how happy I was. Good luck with you Ph.D program and remember to keep us up-to-date!

TJ

 
At Monday, May 11, 2009, Blogger Azizul Azri Mustaffa said...

Salam Zaki..semoga berjaya..-Azizul, Denmark-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip