Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Around Plant Shut Down

Today is the second day the plant is shutdown. There are really a lot of work to be done, but a less number of manpower due to the public holiday. If yesterday, we are already infront of schedule. Today, we are already behind schedule. I'm quite disappointed with the whole progress. I'm upset with the work organisation of certain group involved in the shutdown work. However, i hope tomorrow, we can speed up everything and catch up with all the work that is left pending.

Looking the shutdown in a different perspective, personally, i learned a lots of things. Every shutdown will be a unique experience. There will be a lot of common jobs, and some changes, or some new things/project/modification to be done. I really cherish and appreciate those experiences, and it definitely enriched my technical knowledge and experience in managing the shutdown.

Today, among those important jobs that we carried out:

-Steam test - at the beginning of shutdown to detect leakages.
-Hydro test for High Pressure Boiler - to detect leakages.
-Opening manholes & dismantling flanges - common jobs...Infact, I assisted to open one of the manhole. Damn tired....20 bolts + nuts size 24.
-Shell Tube cleaning - via Cleaning in Progress (CIP).

Oh....I'm exhausted...just wanna sleep.....

Labels:

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 12:50 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip