Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Visitors to Plant

Last week, my scheduled was so tight. In a space of 2 days, I have to standby and wait for three different visitors who happen to be very important to the company. I have to ensure the plant is in extra clean and in good condition. Well, although the day and date is known, the exact time of visit to the control room and plant is unknown. There was no indication of what time they are coming. Therefore, I have to wait and do what ever work i can do in the control room. Well, that's fine, at least i can do a little bit of work using the PC available in the control room.

The first group of visitors were from Australia and they are oil traders. The second group was from the Iran ministry of health. The third group was from the ministry of Sabah. As for me, when all these visitors came, I have to explain briefly our process on how we convert crude palm (CPO) oil to refined bleached deodorized palm oil (RBDPO).


posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 7:57 PM,

3 Comments:

At Monday, December 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang tau dak, untuk biodiesel production, depa guna raw material apa? RBDPO? CPO? Any idea?

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aku hantaq previous post tu..tertanda anonymous pulak

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. I need to check on that detail after this. However, I have some customer requirement that want to make biodiesel using RBDPO high colour. RBDPO high colour will be cheaper than the normal RBDPO that we processed. Normal RBDPO colour which ranged from 2.4R - 2.7R, need more bleaching earth to be dosed, and that cost a lot of money. High colour RBDPO around 2.9R - 3.5R will require less bleaching earth to reduced it's colour.
Later I'll check whether there is any company using CPO for biodiesel. Hopefully the info helps u...ok pidun....hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip