Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Found Abnormality, Take Immediate Action

Just now in the afternoon, I walked pass my plant and i saw the suction pipe to the 37.5kW pump delivering water to one of my cooling tower is vibrating badly. I have a closer look to inspect it. I saw water dripping from it and i felt that the pipe is already very thin. The pipe has experienced a bad errosion from the acidic water flowing through it. I immedietly called my plant operator and asked them to switch pump, and called maintenance team to replace piece of the pipe which is already beginning to break down into pieces. After issuing a job order to rectify the situation, maintenance team prepared their stuff and immedietly came to the site and replaced the piece of pipe which is badly fractured. Within 2 hours from the time i informed my operator, everything was sorted out smoothly and the suction pipe to the pump has is ready to resume operation.

Morals:

1. When you see some abnormality(s), immedietly report or take action.
2. Anything that might affect your plan process/system, must be immedietly rectified.
3. Never delay any abnormality or problem - you might forget about it, and after a few hours of taking action, it might be late!
4. Follow up! Do not take any instruction you gave for granted. Maybe your downline delay it. So, create some urgency in the instruction depending on the situation.
5. I cannot think for some more....I'm exhausted....

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 8:46 PM,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you see abnormality in yourself, think & reflect or see the doctor. BTW sometimes abnormal is a must to think creatively.

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006, Blogger Kipas Repair JB said...

Yeah...thanks for the thought...quite a meaningful one...by the way...i have some info about the project you want to do...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip