Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Some Comparisons of My Jobs

Since I graduated in 1999, I have been in three different chemical engineering fields. The first is Reaction Engineering, Chemical Engineering Research (Aug 1999 - Dec 2002) which I gained my Masters Degree from. The second is Chemical Engineering in Oil and Gas Industry (Jan 2003 - June 2005) and at present, Chemical Engineering in Oil and Fats Industry (June 2005 - present)...

If asked...which one I enjoyed the most:
Chemical Engineering in Oil and Gas Industry - I tasted and experienced a lot of interesting stuff

If asked...which one I learned a lot (really practicing chemical engineering fundamental):
Chemical Engineering in Oil and Fats Industry - I practiced a lot of Unit Operations

If asked...which one is more relaxing:
Chemical Engineering in Oil and Gas Industry - Maybe because it's a service company...

If asked...which one is more challenging:
Chemical Engineering in Oil and Fats Industry &
Chemical Engineering in Oil and Gas Industry - Both have different angles of challenge

If asked...which one I prefer to be in now:
Chemical Engineering Research - I love doing research + publication

If asked...which one I make the most money (salary + allowances):
Chemical Engineering in Oil and Gas Industry - Undeniably the wealthiest field

If asked...which one really consumed a lot of my time:
Chemical Engineering in Oil and Fats Industry - I just work, work, work till late ....

If asked...which one I have more downlines:
Chemical Engineering in Oil and Fats Industry - I have skillful operators to help running the plant

If asked...which one I felt more pride:
Chemical Engineering in Oil and Gas Industry - Well, it's a proud feeling being in this industry

If asked...which one allows me to travel more:
Chemical Engineering in Oil and Gas Industry - Went overseas as well as offshore...from a four wheel drive Pajero to a Sikhorsky 76 chopper....from an antic mercedes to a boeing 737 aircraft....from Singaporean dollar to Rupiah....

If asked...which one allows me to do more publications:
Chemical Engineering Research - I published quite a number of papers and journal with my supervisor

If asked...which one gives me more exposure:
Chemical Engineering in Oil and Gas Industry - Living in an oil rig platform is fun, interesting and makes me eat all the time....provided if you don't stay there 4 weeks in a row....

The above points are just my opinion and purely what I feel from my experiences. For your information, I did my full time research in University Teknologi Malaysia. I worked in a service company which deal in oil and gas as a chemical engineer cum project engineer. Latest, I am a process engineer taking care of a physical refinery plant processing mostly palm oil and sometimes some lauric oil. I think I'll continue this subject later....I think it might be interesting....to elaborate further....

Labels:

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 10:37 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip