Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Presenting my technical paper in ICPEAM2010 conference

Last week, I attended ICPEAM2010 (SOMCHE2010) which was held in Kuala Lumpur Convention Center (KLCC) from 15 to 17th June 2010. I presented a research paper was related to my Ph.D studies. I only managed to attend on the 3rd day due to other unavoidable circumstances. I managed to meet up with few friends from other universities and it was good to catch up and share stories/updates.

As the conference was organized by Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP) and held in KLCC, it is expected to be a grand one. The facilities and organizers were very excellent. As a participant and presenter, I can say the conference was a successful one. On top of getting my paper presented, I was lucky to get my paper published in Journal of Applied Science (JAS) special edition in conjunction with ICPEAM2010. So, up to now, I have 3 conference papers and 1 journal in hand. I think that is not bad for me as I'm still in my second semester. I have 2 drafts of technical paper to be submitted to international journal with my supervisor now and I'm hoping that she can give it to me as soon as possible.

Well, I would like to share some photos from the conference. Thanks to Joseph, my wife's new research assistance who attended the conference with me.


That's me after my presentation session.

During the presentation. I prepared and rehearsed before the presentation. Somehow, I did not followed. I presented freely based on what comes out of my mind.

This is my wife's poster presentation. It's about progressive freeze concentration, in the area of separation engineering.

Me and Joseph, after lunch at the huge ball room. Joseph just graduated in chemical engineering from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.

Me and Nabeel, after lunch as well. Nabeel is finishing his Masters degree in Chemical Engineering from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. He is from Iraq and is an expert in Matlab. He maybe continuing his Ph.D soon.

The conference sitting, socializing and relaxing area.

Isn't that comfortable. Enough tables and chairs for participants to rest in between presentation sessions.

KLCC has a nice place to run not only a conference but also multiple exhibitions.


-------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE Recommended magazines to get you updated with current engineering news




Have you downloaded my free "Choosing Alternative Fuel" Ebook? If not, then please download it here. It's Free and on top of getting the free ebook, you'll get eCourse on Alternative Fuel. It's a good and easy way to add more valuable information to yourself.





Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 10:07 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip