Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



My Intention....

When i first start writing in this site, my intention was to provide more information about the career as a chemical engineer and any career closely related to it. This is mainly because, i was also not sure what is chemical engineering....I did mention in my previous post something about how i have a very vague vision about the field of chemical engineering, but i decided to pursue a degree in this field because i like chemistry.

Therefore, i would like to give all information related to chemical engineering to future chemical engineering studets. I would also expose my experience as a practicing chemical engineer to those chemical engineering students, so that they will know more or less how and what does a chemical engineer do. What can they expect as a chemical engineer....and so on.... Maybe I'm not that old yet, and do not have that huge experiece in chemical engineering stuff, but i think i have tasted various fields of chemical engineering afer i completed my degree.

Well, after completed my chemical engineering degree from University of Bradford, I returned to my country, Malaysia. My original plan and my ambition is to become a lecturer. I began to work as a research assistant and continue my masters degree in chemical engineering specializing in Reaction Engineering - Catalysis Technology. So, i was there doing those research work for 2 years ++.
My son -Maybe he wants to be a chemical engineer too. Following his parent's...
Then, after my masters degree i joined a local oil and gas service company. With this company i did a lot of specialty chemical stuff associated with oil and gas. I travel a lot doing projects here and there, onshore and offshore. It was really exciting, interesting and challenging. I've been with that company for about 2.5 years. I have to leave the company because it want to move to KL. I can't move because all my family and parents are here and we just purchased a house in johor bahru.

I move on with my life and got a job in an oil refinery in Johor Bahru. However, i have to commute daily for about 98km in order to go and return from work. This is another chapter of my chemical engineering career. This one was a challenging and interesting one as well. So, at the point i'm posting this story, i've been working in the refinery for about 1 year and 3 months now. But the amount of knowledge and information that is kept in my drive O inside my CPU brain is so much....Luckily RAM is also high......512 MB.....
This photo was taken in the morning and i'm already sweating...
So, from my experiences that i gain all these years, i hope i can help few people who choose chemical engineering as a career some information and knowledge. I hope this can further and increase your comprehension on chemical engineering.

I'm also working on to create another page/site dedicated to the subject of heat exchanger, cooling tower, boiler, specialty chemical, instrumentaion + automation, oil and gas. However, i guess that will take some time to complete as i'm also working full time. I can only do this after work when i have the energy....




posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 8:23 PM,

3 Comments:

At Monday, June 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Helpful articles. good stuff.
We are facing lot of trouble with the performance of cooling tower during the summer season here in UAE.

Can u suggest any alterations to improve the cooling effect.

Saravanan
Plant and Maintenance Engineer

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Helpful articles. good stuff.
We are facing lot of trouble with the performance of cooling tower during the summer season here in UAE.

Can u suggest any alterations to improve the cooling effect.

Saravanan
Plant and Maintenance Engineer
ponsaravananm@gmail.com

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007, Blogger Kipas Repair JB said...

Thanks saravanan....
Hope you can provide highlight to me the problem of your cooling tower specifically.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip