Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Understanding Plant Tips

For you chemical engineers out there who happen to become a production executive or a process engineer (or what ever position it is named after) who has the responsibility of taking care of the plant, here are some useful tips to ensure you understand the plant as fast possible.

1. Learn all the piping system in your plant. With this you can have better comprehension on the plant process.
2. Learn how to start and stop the plant. This is always the important thing to know. If the plant is having problem - you stop it. If problem solved - start it back.
3. Don't be embarased to ask the supervisors or plant operators about the plant. In most plant, they have been operating the plant for a lot of years. They have tremendous experience on operating the plant and some trouble shooting. You can asked about the plant and asked from a lot of them. Therefore, you'll get more informations from a lot of operators, and most of the time the info that you need will be common.

I hope those tips can be useful. It is useful for me. I'm still learning my plant as well. It is a continuous process of learning. Furthermore, the plant that I'm handling is very big (size and capacity!!!). I would like to thank my senior collegues (2 of them) who gave me those useful tips. I appreciate their kindness of passing me the knowledge, informations, skills and tips....Thanks as well to my supervisors and operators for their hardwork and duty in running the plant. Not to mention all the maintenance, electrical, instrumentation team. I hope my plant will continue to run smoothly...

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 11:45 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip