Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Accident & Injury

It is still day 3 and I was walking towards my plant. It was a rainy wet night. Suddenly, in split second, I slipped and felt down. My left foot hit the 1cm thick metal plate before going inside a drain beside it. I sat there for a while helplessly. It really hurts. I watch around to call for help but nobody was at sight. I inspected my left leg and to my surprise, I have 2 really bad cut/wound and they were big!!! Blood slowly appeared from the deep wounds. I rose and walked slowly to the washing basin nearby the control room and washed the wounds with a lot of water, washing the blood a way. I ran the water past through my leg for about 5 minutes. By that time, my collegues have surrounded me and checked out my leg. It really look bad. It definitely have to be stitched. Both of my feet were shivering. My whole body is also shivering. Lean, my colleague, drove me to the hospital. The medical assistance inspected the severity of the wounds. He injected me with some antibiotics before sending me for X-ray. It almost hit my tibia bone. They want to check if the bone is fractured or not. Luckily it was ok. Then I have to overcome my worse nightmare, to be stitched. All together, I have 10 outside stitches and 6 internal stitches.

Labels:

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 1:35 AM,

4 Comments:

At Monday, January 08, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Zaki, aku baru terbaca komen ko dalam website aku.. First time reading, tiba2x dapat tahu ko injured. Hope you are fine now. Do take care and yes, I still do remember you lah! Wassalam and my prayers for your speedy recovery.

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He he..thanks a lot for your retirn visit....oh..injured sikit...but ok la....few stitches...there...luckily tak kena tulang kering..tapi rasa macam dah nampak tulang kering punya selaput putih masa wound tu baru jadi....thanks..aku pun harap dpt sambung kerja cepat

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007, Blogger Joe Anybody said...

Sorry to hear you will be getting stitched up for the new year.

Sounds like it could of been worse.

It seems like there was a faulty drain cover that was responsible for your mishap?

Or a nice urban-boobie-trap was set.

Best of Wishes - Joe Anybody

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,

It's a dark rainy, slippery day...and it was definitely not my day....I did not enjoy the pain. But at least I was given 1 week MC/leave for the wound to heal.

Thanks for your concern and dropping by....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip