Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



ISO and HACCP Audit

Yesterday, my plant was internally audited. The auditors checked our International Organization for Standard (ISO) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) documents thoroughly. Few of the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) documents were reviewed as well. It took the auditors 4 hours to go through some of the documents. Besides interviewing me, the auditors interviewed the plant supervisors as well. By having an internal audit like this, we are continuously improving our documentation system. At the closing meeting, we were awarded 3 Non-conformance (NC), for not complying with the ISO and HACCP standard. I'll take appropriate corrective action towards the NC's charged to us.

Tomorrow, I'm going to be an internal auditor to audit two departments in my work place. One must be a trained auditor to carry out an audit. For that, today, I have made early preparation by reading that department's ISO documents. It's quite a new field to me, but at least I'm learning something non-technical from other department's operation and documentation.

An important thing to take note is, whenever, we charge a Non-conformance (NC), we must include a prove and associate the non-compliance with the right clause from the ISO or HACCP standard.

If you enjoyed this post then subscribe to my RSS feed.

Labels: , ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 7:18 PM,

1 Comments:

At Sunday, October 04, 2009, Blogger Thế giới quan said...

Hi

I like this post very much. It help me to solve some my work under my director’s requirements.

Apart from that, below article also is the same meaning

HACCP audit

Tks again and nice keep posting
Rgs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip