Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Engineering Award

Would it be nice to be awarded handsomely for our good and brilliant effort? Would it be wonderful to be recognized by our peers and professionals from the same field? Have you been awarded for something before?

During my undergraduate studies, I was awarded “BP Computing Award 1998, University of Bradford”. I received a letter during summer informing and inviting me to attend a brief ceremony that was held that afternoon (I forgot the exact date and hall. That was about 9 years plus ago…). Initially I was puzzled and wandered why I received the award. Soon, I was informed that I got the highest mark for the subject “Computer Aided Process Engineering” and that led me to the award. Unfortunately, the prize was a just a gas handbook. I was hoping some sort of certificate or trophy which can be displayed on my wall or desk. Well, that’s fine; I just kept the official invitation letter to receive the award.

Few years after that, I’m a member (research officer and master student) of Chemical Reaction Engineering Group (CREG), a research group in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. The group (which included me) won numerous local and international awards. I even kept a local newspaper cutting about our research. The photo of the head of research group, Prof. Dr. NASA, my colleague Ir. Dr. Didi and me beside the rig was printed. It’s fun and I’m proud of it. There was also documentary of our research group being shown in national television and off course I’m one of the stars in it. I acted performing some experiment to synthesize HZSM-5 zeolite catalyst (a type of silica alumina adsorbent).

Maybe you want to share some of your awards? Recognitions?


Other “Engineering Award” story occurred recently:

Bath: A chemical engineer who used a saucepan to develop a method of eliminating a source of radioactive waste has won a prestigious award. Professor Stan Kolaczkowski, of the University of Bath, was jointly given a highly commended award for services to the environment at the Institution of Chemical Engineers' gala dinner awards in London.
Continue reading HERE.

Labels: , ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 11:01 PM,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[off-topic]

dr apa aku nampak, blog ko yg ini dah PR5 beb.. ha ha.. skang PR5 dah kira tinggi.. jual text link..

 
At Tuesday, November 20, 2007, Blogger Kipas Repair JB said...

Oh yea...kalau ada yang nak, boleh la...Thanks

 
At Thursday, November 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i learnt the work of this year's nobel prize winner in chemistry is very relevant to the chemical industry , i.e (surface chemistry). can chem engrs make discoveries that can well earn them the nobel


fellow din

 
At Thursday, November 22, 2007, Blogger Kipas Repair JB said...

Off course they can. Maybe later I'll research on that matter and post it. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip