Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Recession Proof Industry

I read about this cartoon from the email that I subscribed from Engineering News Daily. The cartoon was taken adopted from engineeringnews.co.za/page/cartoon.

Basically it stated that, if there was such a thing as a sectoral recession, then South Africa’s manufacturing industry is deep in one. Output declined by 15% year-on-year in February, following on the 12,9% year-on-year fall in January. The sector has been contracting since October, and the aftershocks are being felt across the economy. This creates a strong likelihood that South Africa will now officially enter a recession for the first time in over a decade.

What's the global impact towards our industry in Malaysia or globally? The electrical and electronic industries are certainly struggling and I see many people around me were forced to leave their jobs. However, there are no worries in the food-manufacturing industries. All I asked them this time is how great is your bonus?

Got my point? Food - manufacturing industry is recession proof!!!
......................................................................................................................................
Recommended site: To be and stay healthy it ORGANIC FOOD!!! What do you think?

Labels: ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 10:42 PM,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, April 30, 2009, Anonymous chemical engineering said...

Hi Zaki, read Blue Ocean Strategy book, it is the practical way to create business with zero threat .....

 
At Thursday, April 30, 2009, Blogger Kipas Repair JB said...

Oh yes. I know that book. But I have not yet read it. It's certainly a very famous book because everybody is talking about it.

 
At Sunday, November 08, 2009, Anonymous Ravi said...

Hey Zaki, I am a chemical engineer and confused with the current recession in US. I am not sure if this is the time to graduate (dec 2009) or to pursue PhD. Please advise.

 
At Sunday, November 08, 2009, Blogger Kipas Repair JB said...

Ravi,

My advise is simple. What do you want to be? Where do you want your career to head?

This is because, if you want to be an engineer, you must seek and find an engineering job of your choice. If you suddenly decide to do your phd, then after you get your phd it might be more difficult to get job for overqualified people...

only if you want to be a researcher or academician, then it is good to do your phd.

Hope that helps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip