Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Another Plant Shutdown

Today, I was informed that we have to stop another plant that I'm in charge of for maintenance 3 months earlier than the exact schedule. The reason was simply because it's going to be Chinese New Year festive season which means less crude palm oil (CPO) will be received due to tankers are not allowed to be on the road. At the same time, the brutal rainy season since last December created flood in most territories in Johor which gave direct impact to the supply of CPO. A lot of palm oil plantations were flooded and at the same time people cannot harvest the palm oil.

So there goes away another public holiday!!! Few weeks ago I could not enjoy the New Year and Hari Raya Haj because of a plant shutdown too...And the accident... Well, this is something to be expected if we work in this kind of industry.

Labels:

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 8:41 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip