Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Chemical Engineering World 100 Readers

Earlier this year, I set a target to get 100 readers by the end of 2007 for Chemical Engineering World blog. Today, the feedburner chicklet in this blog shows 101 number of readers. I'm so pleased and delighted with the progress so far and thanks for the support from all of you. I managed to achieve the target six month ahead. Next month, this blog will celebrate its first anniversary and that is another achievement from my side. Time is running very fast that I did not realize it's almost one year since I started blogging about work - chemical engineering. I must admit I just discovered blogging last July and luckily I subscribed to a broadband that time. The next thing happened, this blog was created.....

Despite being pretty busy with my daily hectic job (especially the first week of every month...I have to do detailed production/utility report), I'm trying my best to share some pieces of my working and life experiences related to chemical engineering on a more consistent basis. This is a real challenge for me as time is usually not on my side. I hope I can work more efficiently and effectively, and at the same time allocate some quality time with my family, because being a balanced human being is part of my philosophy. I don't want my life to be concurred by my JOB, although I like and appreciate it. Hence, I just want to continue working and do the best for my employer. At the same time, I'll establish myself as a profound engineer and add up some essential skills while working here.

It's part of my target to educate and provide valuable information to others especially chemical engineering students and junior chemical/process engineers via this blog. I'm doing this simply because when I was a student, I never had a slight picture on how a chemical engineer works and what is the industry like. Now, as I'm a practicing engineer, I want the youngsters to know, to learn, to be exposed....

I thanked and welcome positive and negative comments from fellow readers all around the globe. I did received a lot of great feedbacks and encouragement. Thanks to you guys. It made me want to contribute (posting) even more. I also have some collaborations going on with few parties which I never expected to happen. I hope more collaborations can take place and produce more success.

Ooooh...about the photo, it's actually nothing really related to this blog niche. It's just "snake-like green pepper". The green (red) pepper is from Shanxi, China and it resemble a snake like creature. It does look like a chilly in a distorted pepper....that's what I can see. (p/s I hope I can be a chemical engineer growing some crops (such as chillies, tomatoes, cucumber, sugar cane, etc....later in future)).


Enjoyed this post? Subscribe to CHEMICAL ENGINEERING WORLD by email.
Or you can also
Subscribe to CHEMICAL ENGINEERING WORLD by RSS.

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 12:07 AM,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 05, 2007, Blogger Kipas Repair JB said...

Thanks....rodrigo,

My wife took the trouble to translate what you've written there....

Thanks

 
At Wednesday, July 04, 2007, Blogger mostlyepiphanies said...

Saudara zaki!!!

I didn't think I'd stumble on your blog! Alhamdulillah.Saya Aizuddin, pelajar malaysia first year di Australia. Sekarang sedang buat Bachelor of Engineering(Chemical) di University of New South Wales (UNSW) under tajaan petronas.

Nanti balik kena kerja dengan petronas.I don't actually have a vivid picture as to what I will be doing as a chemical engineer in petronas.Could you enlighten me?

Anyway,nasib baik terjumpa blog saudara.Its very interesting!!

Do continue blogging.

Ini email saya,

aizuddinanuar@gmail.com

senang2 silalah hubungi.Thanx!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip