Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



My Career Updates

It was quite a hectic week for me. I was busy doing some research on my future pH.D work and also for some research grant application. At the same time, I need to prepare for lectures, tests etc. There are also a few undergraduate research projects that needed some attention from me. It is quite an interesting and challenging career for me. Well, the challenge is absolutely not similar compared to the life I had while I was an engineer before.

If anybody asked me, what is the significant differences between being an engineer and a lecturer...? My short answer (without thinking) would be: Now, Nobody is scolding me.... He he.... :) . However, that is not the real answer. That's just a joke.... and my ex-colleague at my previous work place will laugh when I answered that...

The truth is, being a lecturer is really tough. Is it as tough as an engineer? It depends.... If you want to be a lecturer who only lectures, then it's not a big deal. However, if you are the type of person who want to be a very successful lecturer and really build your career, you need to do more then that... you need to work really hard. I don't feel like discussing about this now... perhaps later... (maybe when there's a request...)

Here are some updates about me and my career:

- Thinking, researching, preparing for my pH.D research. In progress.
- Thinking, researching, preparing for some fundamental research grants. In progress.
- Preparing for lectures. Continuous work.
- Collaborating with selected industries (oil and fats) to do research. In progress.
- Maintaining this blog and several others - to share stuffs... Continuous work.
- Technical paper, journal publication. In progress.
- Writing and publishing books and eBooks. In progress.
- Preparing myself to be an expert in selected areas for present and future consultancy work.
- Industrial visits. In planning stage.
- Creating a new forum for discussing chemical engineering issues. In progress...
- Maintaining "Chemical Engineering Rocks" group in Facebook. Come and join...
- Working on my professional engineer status. In progress.
- Collaborating with a multinational company to promote biofuel (especially from Jatropha). I'll be blogging about this in the near future. It's very exciting and involve donation/charity.
- Going to attend a number of training and courses in October and November.
-Just conducted a 5S audit and the faculty... to be continued tomorrow.
- .... I can't think of others....

Well are some updates from me...I hope I can handle and manage them wisely. I also hope that my spirit and energy will continue bursting...Adios...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Convert You Car To Burn Water + Petrol = Double Your Mileage!
High Conversion, Few Refunds, Due To Huge Demand: Soaring Gas Prices Compel People To Save Gas!!! Popular D.i.y Watercar: Run Your Car Partially On Water, Reduce Emissions/Global Warming! Practical Free Energy Based On 1000s Of Real Cars Worldwide!!!

Do you like to receive FREE Technical and Engineering magazines? If YES, check out Chem-Eng.Tradepub.com.

Join Chemical Engineer Rocks FACEBOOK Group...

Labels: ,

posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 6:11 PM,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 01, 2008, Blogger Keyrol Anwar said...

hello there!

very interesting blog!

can I have your email?

I have something regarding my study to ask. I dont know to choose which major in final year.

thanks!

 
At Friday, October 03, 2008, Blogger Kipas Repair JB said...

my email

zaki.yz(alias)gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

zyz

I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
Enter your email add:
 Subscribe in a reader
follow us in feedly
Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

First Name:
Email address:

what
job title, keywords
where
city, state, zip