Featured FREE Resource:

Chemical Engineering World

Sharing Chemical Engineer's Challenging, Exciting, Interesting and Stimulating Life...



Getting A Hoist

I need a hoist in the store (warehouse) to lift pallets and other heavy stuffs efficiently. Therefore, I looked and searched for companies selling hoist. After calling and requesting quotations from few companies (selling hoist), I browsed the net to have a sneak peak on those companies to see what are the products and services they have to offer. It was very interesting to see that there are various types of hoist with various applications and various funny names too. I never knew that hoist have a lot of "species!!" I don't have much time to go through all of the hoist informations, but I'm glad I learned few of them.



Check out some definitions of hoist incase you want to know literally what a hoist is:

  • raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help; "hoist the bicycle onto the roof of the car"
  • move from one place to another by lifting; "They hoisted the patient onto the operating table"
  • raise; "hoist the flags"; "hoist a sail"
  • lifting device for raising heavy or cumbersome objects
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

  • "A hoist is a device used for lifting or lowering a load by means of a drum or barrel around which rope or chain wraps. May be manually operated, or electrically or pneumatically driven and may use chain, or fiber or wire rope as its lifting medium."
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoist

    "A mechanical lifting device usually attached to a trolley that travels along a bridge, monorail, or jib crane."
    www.steelbuildinghelp.com/steel_buildings_glossary_h-i-j.htm



    Some companies selling hoist:
    harringtonhoists.com (USA)
    hoistlift.com (USA)
    www.grainger.com
    mstime.com.my (Malaysia) >>> Interesting flash preview!! There are a lot of interesting names for their hoists: "Street, Donati, Italkrane, JD neuhaus, MS Herkules and Daesar."

    Very interesting too....There are a magazine "specializing in hoist"
    Check out hoistmagazine.com
    Enjoyed this post? Subscribe to CHEMICAL ENGINEERING WORLD by email.
    Or you can also
    Subscribe to CHEMICAL ENGINEERING WORLD by RSS.

    Labels: , ,

    posted by Kipas Repair JB @ 9:12 PM,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    The Author

    zyz

    I’m Zaki. I used to be a project, process and chemical engineer. Few years ago I successfully became a Chartered Engineer (IChemE) and Professional Engineer (BEM). I'm now employed as a chemical engineering educator/researcher/consultant. Hope you like reading my blog. I welcome any feedback from you. My email: zaki.yz[alias]gmail.com. TQ!


    Learn something about Chem Eng that is not inside your text book.
    Enter your email add:
     Subscribe in a reader
    follow us in feedly
    Join Chem Eng Rocks FB

    Get this powerful 80-page ebook on various alternative energy that can save our environment and save your money. On top of that, you'll get a FREE eCourse on alternative energy from me.

    First Name:
    Email address:

    what
    job title, keywords
    where
    city, state, zip